Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, Run Ukraine has made a decision to hold the 11th WIZZ AIR KYIV CITY MARATHON in the online format.
We kept postponing this decision for a long time, hoping that the circumstances would change, the incidence would decrease, and holding mass events would become safe for the participants. We did not sit still: we were constantly consulting with experts, negotiating with the city authorities, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Youth and Sports. Our team was checking out all possible options to hold our events “live” as planned. However, unfortunately there will be no offline events this year.
The pandemic continues, hundreds of new cases are recorded in Ukraine every day, and it is very difficult to predict what the fall season may be like. It has already been decided that many of the world’s running events, including major marathons, would not take place this year.
We cannot promise to hold Kyiv Marathon on October 31 – November 1 offline and cancel the event at the last minute. We are not willing to take the risk at the expense of you, the runners, and your loved ones by holding a mass sports event in the midst of a pandemic and thus contribute to the spread of the life-threatening virus. That is why Kyiv Marathon will be held in the online format this year.
Each runner registered for the 11th WIZZ AIR KYIV CITY MARATHON will be provided by Run Ukraine with several options for further action, so the participants will be able to choose the most optimal solutions for themselves. These solutions include:
- transfer of registration to any event of the League in 2021 or 2022
- transfer of registration fee to the Run Ukraine cashback account
- transfer of registration to the online format of the same event and the same course (the difference between the amount paid and the cost of the online event will be credited to the Run Ukraine cashback account)
PLEASE, NOTICE! To use one of the available options, send a letter to [email protected] until July 31 (INCLUSIVE). Otherwise, your registration will be automatically transferred to online participation.
Just to remind, in 2020 the Ukrainian Majors Running League will be held online and will include 5 running events:
- August 22-23, 2020 – 5th MOLOKIYA LVIV HALF MARATHON
- September 19-20, 2020 – 10th WORK.UA KYIV HALF MARATHON
- October 10-11, 2020 – 5th TAVRIA V ODESA HALF MARATHON
- October 31 – November 1, 2020 – 11th WIZZ AIR KYIV CITY MARATHON
- November 21-22, 2020 – 5th INTERPIPE DNIPRO HALF MARATHON
The 1st RUN UKRAINE KHARKIV HALF MARATHON and the 4th ZAPORIZHSTAL HALF MARATHON will not be held in 2020.
You can find more details regarding transfer of the Ukrainian Majors Running events into online format here:
Solutions for participants who were registered for events of the League in 2020 are available here: